Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Thomas O'Brien

I know, I have already posted and drooled about Thomas O'Brien, but now, I have to blab about his new book. It's out and I can't wait to get it. If you haven't pick up the April issue of Canadian House & Home, you don't want to miss it. It has an article on O'Brien's apartment; a before and after story. Only the before is just as gorgeous as the after!!! I really can't get enough of his vintage studio styling. To tantalize the tastebuds, here the cover shot of "American Modern" and more snaps from Canadian House and Home....

Gorgeous chair.
The low cabinets fronting the bookcase is a great look, piled with interesting books and objet d'art. 

Mmmm....I really have to collect more art.

On another note, I have been thinking about transforming Elizabeth's room to some sort of functioning work area (for sewing, folding laundry, etc) and have decided this vintage studio look is the way to go. I nearly went nuts a couple days ago, spending way too much time online looking for a daybed or sofa bed that would work in such a room. You have already seen the desks and rugs I like (here), when I was seeing more of an office. I reduced the daybed/sofas down to these:

This one (above) is my favourite, by Innovation USA

This one is the Flex Sofa by CB2

And for a little more inspiration: I love the look of zebra hide rugs, but can't bring myself to support that industry (no Anna Wintour am I), but how tantalizing to the eye it is.

Domino via Decor8

Living, Etc & Domino pics via Decor8

Unfortunately, the printed zebra rugs don't have the authentic, beautiful look. I think I may be able to find fabric and do an ottoman like the one above. A couple days ago, I picked up this zebra dish from Pier 1 Imports. Cute, isn't it? $6 in the US/$9 CDN (should have waited for my trip to Syracuse next month).


No comments:

Post a Comment